Sick of eating high sugar energy bars or granola bars after a workout.
Well, check out these delicious homemade Muffins that are a great way to refuel your body.
Homemade Energy Boosting Muffins Ingredients:
1/2 cup almonds 1/2 Cup coconut flour, sifted 1/2 Cup arrowroot flour 1/2 Tsp. sea salt 1/2 Tsp. baking soda 1/4 Cup (half stick) @kerrygoldusa @kerrygoldirl butter (best butter, ever!) 🇮🇪 1/2 Cup runny honey 🍯 2 Packages (6 ounces each) @driscollsberry Blueberries 6 large pasture raised eggs 🥚
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper muffin cups.
2. In a medium bowl sift together coconut flour, arrowroot flour, sea salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
3. Use an electric mixer or stand mixer to blend butter and honey together until creamy.
4. Add eggs to butter mixture and blend until even, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
5. Add flour mixture to egg mixture and blend just until smooth. Fold in blueberries and almonds, then allow the batter to rest and thicken for five minutes.
6. Use a large ice cream scoop with a lever to divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups. Sprinkle with almonds.
7. Bake for about 25 minutes or until slightly golden. Allow to cool for 5 minutes then remove muffins from tin and cool completely on a cooling rack